TABLE OF CONTENTS
In the digital era, mobile apps have become a significant part of everyday lives. Surprisingly, there are 3.8 billion smartphone users globally, which we feel is quite enough to define the demand for mobile applications. Whether we want to order our favourite food or book a cab, we have started depending a lot on mobile applications.
What is a mobile app development framework?
A mobile app development framework is a library that facilitates the basic structure to develop any mobile app. In simple language, it offers a basic layout that one can use to develop a mobile app from scratch.
Top 10 Mobile App Development Frameworks
Today, in this blog, we will discuss the top 10 mobile app development frameworks that most successful websites in 2022 are incorporating for better results.
1) React Native:
React Native App Development Features:
Some of the best features of the react native app development includes,
- Reusable components,
- Cross-platform app development and
- Easy maintenance.
Apps Built with React Native Framework:
Some successful apps like Facebook, Instagram, Soundcloud, and Walmart are built using React Native app development framework.
Developed by Google in 2017, the popularity of flutter for mobile app development is increasing rapidly in the market. Flutter is heavily dependent on C, C++, and Dart, an object-oriented open-source language that shares syntax styles as the C programming language.
Flutter App Development Advantages:
Here are some of the best advantages of using Flutter mobile app development,
- Personalized designs,
- Single code base,
- Gives developers a chance to control every pixel of the screen.
One of the prominent drawbacks of the flutter app development is that apps created on it demand many frameworks that can need a lot of data during the update, and loading speed can be an issue at times.
Apps Built with Flutter Framework:
Apps like Google Ads, Alibaba, and Hamilton are built using Flutter app development framework.
Iconic App Development Features:
Here are some of the brilliant features of Iconic mobile app development,
- Cross-platform framework,
- Based on Angular JS, and
- Cordova Plugins for high-end performance.
Apps Built with Iconic Framework:
Market watch, HoneyFi, and Untapped are some of the best apps built using the Iconic framework.
Swiftic is the first DIY or Do it yourself mobile app development framework which anyone on earth can use to develop a mobile app for their business. Swiftic is perfect for beginners who want to learn about mobile app development from scratch. The app offers loyalty cards to users who make frequent in-app purchases.
Swiftic App Development Features:
- Most adaptable mobile app development frameworks.
- Easy UI or User Interface and veteran advice for users.
- First DIY Mobile APP Development Framework
Apps Built with Swiftic Framework:
Some of the best apps built using Swiftic include Remix Coffee Co, Mt. Royal Bagel Co, and Spa Café.
Although Xamarin was not a first choice mobile app development framework before Microsoft bought the company in 2016, Microsoft utilized the C# programming language to build high-end mobile applications. Sadly, one of the biggest drawbacks of Xamarin is high cost, but you definitely get remarkable app development experience. However, one has to spend some time learning about Xamarin from great learning sources of Microsoft.
Xamarin App Development Features:
- Xamarin apps stay updated with trending iOS and Android features.
- Faster app development with Portable Class Libraries (PCL)
- Cost efficient as it builds cross-platform compatible apps.
Apps Built with Xamarin Framework:
Alaska Airlines and Caption are the best apps built on Xamarin.
6) Native Script
Native Script App Development Features:
- Show anything as a modal dialog.
- Ease authentication with different sign-on providers.
- Developers can use any view as the root of an application.
Apps Built with Native Script Framework:
One can find its application in popular apps like Switch, Strudel, and BitPoints Wallet.
7) Angular UI
Angular mobile app development is also an open-source app development framework. One of the best advantages of developing an application on angular is a large community of developers who can solve errors quickly. Moreover, the framework gained popularity because of its easy user interface.
Angular Mobile App Development Features:
- Google supports Angular.
- It has built-in support on HTML, AJAX, etc.
- Having improved support for error handling.
- Angular is supported by a huge community of developers.
- It provides seamless updates using the Angular CLI.
Apps Built with Angular Framework:
SWORD Health and Hotelier News are popular built using Mobile Angular UI.
The adaptability of the JQuery mobile app development framework is one of the key reasons behind its popularity. Moreover, the open-source framework also offers a unique theme roller that developers can use to develop highly-customizable themes.
JQuery Mobile App Development Features:
- Limited dependencies and lightweight to optimize speed.
- Theming framework that allows creation of custom themes.
- UI widgets that is touch-optimized and platform-agnostic.
- Ajax-powered navigation with animated page transitions that provides ability to clean URLs through pushState.
Apps Built with JQuery Framework:
Some of the best apps built using JQuery Mobile are Dojo and Esprima.
9) Framework 7
Framework 7 is an open-source and free mobile app development framework. It also offers unique widgets and UI elements and doesn’t depend on third-party libraries. Well, it is one of the best frameworks for all people who want to build a high-end mobile application with a lot of high-definition animation. However, Framework 7 was initially developed for the iPhone environment; hence a few themes might not do well on Android OS.
Framework 7 Features
- Easy and familiar jQuery syntax to get started without any delay.
- Built-in FastClick library.
- Built-in grid system layout for arranging your elements responsively.
Apps Built with Framework 7:
Go Dial and Lasso apps are built using Framework 7.
- There are also some unique features like hyperloop for integration, App designer, and App builder, which makes mobile app creation in Appcelerator quite interesting and convenient.
- It reuses 60-90% of the code across multiple platforms.
- Use web development skills to quickly build rich, fully native mobile apps and leverage any native platform API.
Well, the choice is completely yours. As it can be difficult for anyone to build a mobile app from scratch, these great frameworks are a perfect blend of diverse programming languages, making mobile app development quite easier and effective. Hence, you can consider OS, development time, and various other aspects of creating a perfect mobile app for business.
I currently work as a product manager for a company that specializes in Web & Mobile App Development, where I lead the projects from scratch and delivers them to the cloud. I love working with projects on .NET Core, NodeJS, ReactJS, Angular, Android, iOS, and Flutter.
Do you have a project to discuss? Contact me on Skype at er.manojsethi